Clowns to the Left of me, Jokers to the Right
Look what you’ve gone and done. Like a spoilt child having a tantrum in the confectionery aisle…
I’m a bit very angry at present. But I should be clear here – I don’t hate ‘Australia’, but I do (even though I know that hate is usually unwarranted and will probably one day make me sick and then kill me) hate the blind, ignorant, selfish, hypocritical cretins who aspire to be better than everyone else, and think they’re somehow special, and decided it was a good idea to vote for the current imbeciles running this country into oblivion. Yeah, that’s right, I hate you – you know who you are…
That goes especially for all of you who are under 60 years of age who ‘believe’ that voting for ‘conservatives’ is a good thing – you have all been sucked in by persuasive language techniques; for the entirety of your lives. You all live by the code of that wonderful howard-esque Australian invention, the dog-whistle. And I hate you in an even-deeper-than-you-can-imagine fashion because of that.
Abbott and his LNP are so transparent and overt in their hatred for the environment, and for the legacy of certain non-destructionist Australian ‘icons’, and for common decency generally, and for all the non-elite low-calibre types – you know, the vast majority of us…
Here’s just a snapshot short-list of the loopy shit being perpetrated (or about to be) in the nation’s capital:
- Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area dredging and spoil dumping (this and similar acts done for fossil interests)
- Discarding of key manufacturing capabilities and entire businesses/industries (this and similar acts done for foreign corporate interests)
- Lying about carbon pricing and its real and imagined impacts on the economy (fossils and foreign corporates again)
- De-listing of portions of World Heritage forests in Tasmania (how wantonly spiteful, vindictive, destructive … selfish…)
- Bowing to the demands of certain billionaires to dilute and remove mining super-profit taxes, helping to maintain and grow the divide between rich and poor (fossils and corporates, AGAIN)
- Blatant disregard for those poor souls seeking refuge (referred to in bigot-ville as ‘illegal boat arrivals’ – they’re not even ‘people’) from their war-torn home countries or oppressed minority enclaves (all of this as a massive distraction from the other destructive acts, and as the easiest dog-whistle to blow)
- There is “too much” protected vegetation in Australia, and Abbott strongly believes that the forestry industry needs free access to more timber (again, fossils, foreign corporates, and just for kicks – because destroying shit is FUN, and makes you a MAN, and WHO CARES ANYWAY?)
Just typing this is driving me even more insane than I was. And I am ever closer to destroying the keyboard provided to me – I have key-punch callouses…
This is an aimless rant, I know, but I’m almost at my wit’s end. The volume of insanity pouring out of the conservative government’s mouthpieces is like an avalanche of absolute bat-shit craziness. And I seem to be surrounded, at least partly, by noisy sycophants who mindlessly nod and wink and agree with the craziness.
Why, oh, why, do we not have in our Constitution the requirement that our Prime Minister be Australian-born? If we’d just been smart enough to include that minor little exclusionist condition, similar to the good old US of A, then we would not have to contend with the UK-born boat-arrival nut-job that we have now. Australia has seemingly managed to get away with all sorts of racist policies in the past (and continually), so WHY didn’t we do THAT?
I fucking hate you, Australia – why is any of this Shit being tolerated? Are we still not yet revolting?