My favourite word at the moment is:
Sycophant (plural sycophants)
- One who uses obsequious compliments to gain self-serving favor or advantage from another; a servile flatterer.
- One who seeks to gain through the powerful and influential.
- (obsolete) An informer; a talebearer.
- (one who uses compliments to gain favor): ass-kisser, brown noser, suck up, yes man
- (one who seeks to gain through the powerful): parasite, flunky, lackey
A long-time favourite of mine, the word ‘sycophant’ describes so much and so many at this time, at least from inside my world-viewing-platform.
I don’t think they’ve discovered the gene mutation for sycophancy just yet. But it’s safe to say the world will be a lot better off once that particular aberration is prevented from passing to future generations…
Shitty sycophancy – it’s Gotta Stop.
Anyway, that was my first ‘Word Of The Moment’ post. I might do more.
* – Definition and synonyms sourced from Wiktionary.